The heat wave hits Montréal but you can’t give up your caffeine dose? No problem, here are our refreshing recipes to satisfy our coffee-addicts during this summer season! Iced coffee, cold coffee or chilled coffee, our original recipes will certainly please your taste buds.
The Iced Coffee
Prepare an espresso coffee, add a bit of sugar at your convenience and pour it all into a shaker with some crushed ice. Mix and its ready! For a simple alternative, simply add a bit of milk and you’ll have an iced latte. For the greedy coffee addicts, we suggest the « affogato », an Italian delicacy. The coffee is served « affogato », literally “drowned” in a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The cold brew: the trendy summer drink!
- Choose your favourite coffee beans and grind it coarsely
- Use 1 dose of coffee for 5 doses of water
- Pour the ground coffee into a container
- Cover with water
- Shake until well mixed
- Close the container and let infuse in your fridge between 18-20 hours! The secret to a good cold brew coffee? A loooong infusion.
- Filter (with a classic paper filter). Filter once again if needed, only conserve the precious beverage.
- To add a touch of sweetness, add sugar (preferably a liquid sugar).
- That’s it! All you have to do now is enjoy! You can dilute your cold brew with some fresh water if it’s too dark for you.
Good to know: Your cold brew can be conserved up to 2 weeks in your fridge.