Café Liégeois (espresso) chocolate mousse
We’re proposing you a recipe with an Espresso base for a Chocolate Mousse, inspired by Produits Laitiers.
List of necessary ingredients:
- 1/4 cup (55 ml) of milk ;
- 2 tablespoons (35 ml) of your favorite Café Liégeois ;
- 4 oz (120 g) of semisweet chocolate (Why not our Belgian partners Jeff de Bruges?);
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of cacao powder;
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of liquid honey;
- 4 egg yolks;
- 4 egg whites;
- 1 cup (250 ml) of 35% whipping cream
The preparation (Produit Laitiers source):
Step 1) In a bowl, mix your Café Liégeois in with milk. Put aside. At low heat, melt the chocolate in a bain marie (water bath technique). Slowly incorporate the coffee and milk, the cocoa powder, the sugar and the honey. Continue mixing until the mixture is homogeneous. Remove from heat and incorporate the egg yolks while vigorously whipping for at least 2 minutes.
Step 2) In an other bowl, beat the egg whites. Integrate into the chocolate/Café Liégeois mixture and mix all well. Whip the cream and fold into the mixture. Mix everything well. Pour the mousse into individual cups/plates/glass’, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Photo credit: www.atelierdeschefs.fr